Caty had to fill out a toe tag. Hmmm...
Erik stood by the Bungee Bar (closed because it was morning). Next to him it says: We're not flying. We're falling with style. It's a quote from one of the kids' favorite movies, Toy Story.
At first we thought this couple was really bungee jumping in their wedding clothes. But then someone told us that they were actors doing it for a commercial. They went at least twice while we were there.
They don't pull you up, they lower you down into a raft.
The littles had to wait a while while the girls were getting set up for their zip ride.
Grace was the first to suit-up.
Then it was Caty's turn.
They were the only two riding so the people working there had time to pose and goof off with the girls a bit.
Right before they let them go.
There they go!
Erik took pics/video from the lower platform as they whizzed by!
Weeeeeee!
On the way back the girls were able to wave to people and relax.
Ice cream helps make waiting for big sis easier.
Gorgeous buttercups.
Fall colors and a cool saddle formation.
Next we took a small detour to Arrowtown. It's a cutsie tourist town full of gift shops and a museum. But the foliage stole the show.
Next to the museum was a pretty little water wheel.
We saw posters that said there was a reward for the girls!
Wonder if they shot someone or cheated at cards...
It was remarkable how much this town looked like little mining/tourist towns in the Rockies. But no casinos here.
A little cafe in an alley.
We sent the girls ahead to claim a table while Erik brought lunch from the car and I dragged Ben and Maggie along at a tired snail's pace.
Grace and Caty. Besties.
It was so pretty around Arrowtown.
Picnic in the park.
Next stop: Queenstown.
We had kind of run out of time and only had a few hours of daylight left when we got to Queenstown so we headed straight for the gondola ride above town. The kids were excited to go up on the gondola. Caty and Grace got to have their own goldola cabin and were quite happy about that. Ben and Maggie were excited because Caty and Grace were excited. I don't like heights or small spaces at all (and this ride had both) so I broke into a sweat but tried to keep my cool so the little ones didn't get freaked out.
Happy girls!
Daddy's girl.
Ben and I have matching dimples on our right cheeks. This is one of the few photos where you can see both of them! :)
There's the option to bring your mountain bike up and ride down. Maybe next time.
Awesome view! The background is good looking too.
We felt like we were at the top of the world!
The big girls posed while Maggie tried to remove the No Smoking sign (bottom left).
If you wanted to, you could paraglide (or whatever it's called) from the top. Erik thought that looked like a good way to get down but decided against it in the end. Then we found out that to ride the luge we had to take a chair lift even higher up the mountain!
I got a pic of Ben on the chair lift with me up to the luge.
The chair lift took us over the luge course. It doesn't look steep from here.
Erik hung on to Maggie on the way up.
Grace and Caty got on the lift in front of Ben and I.
What did you think of the chair lift ride Maggie?
I make this helmet look good!
Waiting and watching.
I have so many blurry photos of Ben because he is always on the move. Mr Fidget!
These girls just HAD to be first!
You can see the luges in the background. They're like little go carts. They're not slow either.
I got one pic of the girls and then it was my turn! I took Ben on the first ride down (sitting in front of me) and the next time Erik and I traded and I took Maggie. Ben is a speed demon and kept pushing forward on the handles to go faster! It was like a tug of war with him! Maggie is more my speed. Erik and Ben must have broken the sound barrier on their trip!
No photos Dad! Call my agent and make an appointment! Can't you see it's milk-thirty?! All that luging makes a girl thirsty.
One last pic before we headed back to Cromwell that night. What a great day!


No comments:
Post a Comment